Wednesday, September 5, 2007

Series Books

A couple of people have requested clarification of my policy on books that are part of a series and these enquiries prompted the poll in the right-hand column.

It seems clear that the majority of users are indifferent to series books or would prefer only books in sequence starting at the beginning of a series be offered, however I've decided to allow users to offer any book, regardless of its position in a series.

My reason for this is that some series books will be high on a number of wishlists (for example, the latest in the No. 1 Ladies Detective Agency series, or any of a number of popular 'paranormal' series (Anita Blake, Rachel Morgan, Sookie Stackhouse, Women of Otherworld, etc) and any rule against series books would exclude these titles from the VBB.

I am therefore allowing mid-series (or end-of-series) books to be offered, but I ask that each member offer no more than one such book at any time.

No comments: